OUR BELIEF


Over the last 2000 years, Christianity has influenced the lives of people around the globe to be more loving, serving, and complete. The sad fact, however, is that while we worship a God of unity, his people have often divided over a variety of issues. The story of God’s church in America is one of dramatic positive impact. But it is also a picture of division and separation.


The Christian Church represents a fresh approach. It began a few hundred years ago as people from all denominational backgrounds began to pursue a simple approach to expressing their faith. Using the New Testament as the source of guidance, The Christian Church emphasizes unity around the “essentials” of Christianity and freedom regarding the “non-essentials” (or those things that seem to foster strong opinions but are not related to salvation and eternal destiny).


This focus on the core values of the faith, on Jesus as Lord, and on the Bible as the ultimate standard for life choices creates an atmosphere that is grace-based and which encourages disciples to keep the main thing the main thing instead of becoming distracted by peripheral issues.


Many God-seekers are drawn to such “uncluttered Christianity,” with the result being that the Christian Church has been the fastest growing evangelical group in America for the last 10 years.


We do not believe we are the only Christians, but we do desire to be Christians only. We just want to be disciples of Jesus. If you are sort of weary and confused by the divisions and just want to pursue Christ, then maybe you need to check us out.

• In essential beliefs, we have unity.
Ephesians 4:4-6

• In non-essential beliefs, we have liberty.
Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22

• In all our beliefs, we show charity.
1 Corinthians 13:2


PRINCETON CHRISTIAN CHURCH
STATEMENT OF FAITH

The Christian Church purpose was not to create a new denomination but to restore the church to the pattern and practice of the New Testament church as founded by the Apostles. Therefore, Princeton Christian Church strives to model the characteristics of the New Testament Church in worship and practice. The motto: “Where the Bible speaks, we speak. Where the Bible is silent, we are silent” describes the attitude of Princeton Christian Church on matters of doctrine and opinion.  Grace is offered on all issues and the greatest amount of liberty is offered on matters of opinion.

ORGANIZATION

Princeton Christian Church is an independent, non-denominational fellowship of believers who seek to follow Christ and wear only His name. Although we exist apart from any external authority or control, we do participate with other churches in many projects and programs that exalt the Lord Jesus and spread the Gospel. We are not the only Christians, but we earnestly strive to be Christians only.

CHURCH GOVERNMENT

Princeton Christian Church is locally governed and led. We have no denominational headquarters or overseers. Jesus Christ is recognized as the only true head of the Church: “And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all” (Ephesians 1:22-23). God’s Holy Word is the authority for structure and practice of church government.


Princeton Christian Church, therefore, adopts the New Testament pattern for church government. The church selects Elders. An elder is simply a “pastor, overseer, shepherd” of the congregation. It is their duty to shepherd and care for the spiritual needs of the congregation and provide spiritual leadership and direction for the church. A complete description of the qualifications of elders can be found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-10.


Deacons are selected by the Elders and affirmed by the congregation to help the elders. A deacon is simply a “servant.” His job is to take care of the physical needs of the congregation and aid the elders. In reality, deacons are servants of the congregation. An account of the first selection of deacons is found in Acts 6:1-6.


The Elders and Deacons meet periodically to oversee the needs, ministries and purpose of the church.


THE BIBLE

The sole basis for our belief is the sixty-six books of the Bible, which is uniquely God-inspired, without error in the original manuscripts, and the final authority on all matters of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20, 21)

Princeton Christian Church believes the Bible is God’s Holy Word.  The Bible is inspired by God (“All Scripture is inspired by God…” 2 Timothy 3:16).  It contains God’s revelation to mankind without error. Therefore, God’s Holy Word must be the sole authority for the church.  As Christians we must submit our minds and wills to the Bible and allow Biblical principles to govern our lives.
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs.  The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole final source of all that we believe.  

MAN’S GREATEST NEED

The central purpose of God’s revelation in Scripture is to call all people into fellowship with Him. God originally created humans to have fellowship with Him and to glorify Him (Isaiah 43:7; Colossians 1:16), but they defied God by sinfully choosing to go their own way. As a result, man suffered alienation from God and the corruption of His nature (Psalms 51:5; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:1-4). The salvation of mankind, therefore, is wholly a work of God’s free grace, not the result of human works or goodness. This salvation is a gift, made available through faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:8, 9; 1 Peter 1:18, 19).

 

GOD-The Father

We teach that there is but one true and living God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-7; 1 Corinthians 8:4), perfect in all His attributes, one in essence, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 29:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)—each possessing all the attributes of deity and deserving of our worship and obedience. In the beginning God created out of nothing the universe and all things therein, thus manifesting the glory of His power, wisdom and goodness. By His sovereign power, He continues to sustain His creation. By His providence, He is operating throughout history to fulfill His plan of redemption.


GOD-The Son
JESUS CHRIST

We teach that Jesus Christ—the second person of the Trinity—though being equal with God (John 10:30; Philippians 2:5-8), surrendered His prerogatives of deity and came to earth to pay the debt for man’s soul. Having been born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23-25), Jesus lived a totally sinless life and was therefore qualified to pay for our sins by dying on the cross as our substitute (John 10:15; Romans 3:24, 25; 1 Peter 2:24). He literally and physically rose from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father where He now mediates as our advocate and high priest (Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:38, 39; Acts 20:30, 31; Romans 4:25; Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 2:1). We teach that Jesus will return to earth personally and visibly to consummate history and judge all mankind according to the eternal plan of God (John 5:22, 23; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 2 Corinthians 5:10).


GOD-The Spirit
HOLY SPIRIT

We teach that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, co-equal with the Father and the Son in all the divine attributes (Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 2 Corinthians 13:14). He enlightens the minds of sinners, awakens in them a recognition of their need of a Savior. and regenerates them. At the point of salvation, He permanently indwells every believer and equips them for personal growth and service to the church (John 16:7-9; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 2:22). The indwelling of the Spirit is a divine guarantee that seals the believer unto the day of redemption (Romans 8:9; Ephesians 1:13, 14). Christians are endowed with spiritual gifts through the sovereign act of the Holy Spirit. These gifts are intended to strengthen the church and glorify Christ.

 

 

THE CHURCH
We teach that all who place their faith in Jesus Christ are immediately placed by the Holy Spirit into one united spiritual body, the church (1 Corinthians 12:12,13), the bride of Christ (2 Corinthians 11:2), of which Christ is the head (Ephesians 1:22; Colossians 1:18). The scripture commands believers to gather together to devote themselves to worship, prayer, teaching of the Word, observance of the ordinances, fellowship, service to the godly and outreach to the world (Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38-42; Ephesians 4:12). Wherever God’s people meet regularly in obedience to this command, there is the local expression of the church (Acts 20:17; Galatians 1:2; Hebrews 10:25). Under the protection and oversight of elders (Acts 20:28), its members are to work together in love and unity, intent on the ultimate purpose of glorifying Christ and making disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 3:21).


ORDINANCES
We teach that two ordinances have been committed to the local church: baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Because baptism is commanded by our Lord and His apostles (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38), we teach that all professed believers must be baptized. We teach that baptism should occur immediately upon confession of faith in Christ, as modeled for us in Acts (Acts 2:38-41; 8:35-39; 16:31-33). Baptism by immersion is taught in scripture and symbolically portrays the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is also a sign of fellowship and identification with the Church, which is the visible body of Christ (Acts 2:41, 42). We teach that the Lord’s Supper is the commemoration and proclamation of His death until He comes and should always be preceded by solemn self-examination (1 Corinthians 11:28-32). We also teach that the elements of communion are only representative of the flesh and blood of Christ, but the Lord’s Supper is nevertheless an actual communion with the risen Christ, who is present in a unique way, fellowshipping with His people (1 Corinthians 10:16). In the pattern of the early church we offer the Lord’s Supper weekly.

BAPTISM BY IMMERSION


Princeton Christian Church practices baptism by immersion. The Greek word, “baptizo,” from which we get the word “baptize,” simply means to “dip or immerse.” Jesus, Himself, was immersed in the River Jordan (Matthew 3:13-17) and He instructed His Disciples to baptize by immersion.


Therefore, Princeton Christian Church holds to this ancient form of baptism because it is in keeping with the teachings of Jesus and the example of the New Testament Church (Acts 8:25-39).


COMMUNION


Communion, or the Lord’s Supper, was instituted by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, on the night He was betrayed (Matthew 26:26-29). Jesus told us to “do this in remembrance of Me” (Luke 22:19). The Lord’s Supper is a central part of our worship.


Each Sunday we participate in the Lord’s Supper as was the custom of the Disciples and Christians in the New Testament Church. Luke wrote: “And on the first day of the week, we were gathered together to break bread…” (Acts 20:7).


All believers are invited to participate.  One need not be a member of Princeton Christian Church to remember Jesus Christ.


SALVATION


Princeton Christian Church believes that a person is saved by grace through faith . The Apostle Paul wrote: “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).


We are saved because of the work of Christ on the cross. The Apostle Paul wrote: “But God demonstrated His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). Yes, the death of Christ on the cross made it possible for us to be saved from our sins.


The wonderful Scripture “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16) illustrates the depth of God’s love for us. Salvation is a gift from God.


However, the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ must be accepted in order to claim the promise. We must say to God, through our mind and actions, that we accept Jesus Christ as His Son and God’s promise of forgiveness and eternal life. Holy Scripture outlines the steps we must take in order to claim this wonderful promise.


…believe in the Lord Jesus Christ___


Faith is believing that Jesus Christ is God’s Son and that Jesus Christ died for our sins, rose again and now dwells with God in heaven. Faith also involves the element of trust. When you have faith in Jesus you give your life to Him.


…repent of your sins___


Repentance is a genuine sorrow for sinning against God. Repentance involves the changing of one’s mind with regard to sin. It is being sorrowful to the point you never want to sin against God again. The Apostle Peter when asked by the multitude on the Day of Pentecost what they should do to be saved replied: “Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38).  We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.


…confess Jesus Christ as Lord___


Jesus made a wonderful promise when He said: “Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 10:32). The Apostle Peter gave us the example to follow when he was asked by Jesus, “But who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15). Peter replied: “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16).


…be obedient to Jesus in baptism___


Jesus said “He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved…” (Mark 16:16). Jesus told His Disciples to “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19). We are to be baptized out of obedience to our Lord and Savior. Baptism is a natural part of accepting Jesus Christ as Lord.


Yes, we are saved by grace through faith.  Are these steps we take works?  No they are a positive acceptance of what God has promised in accordance with His Word and His Will.


We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalm 139).


We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.

 


MARRIAGE


We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25).  We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.


We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and the use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (1 Cor. 6:9-10).


Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as a covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, Princeton Christian Church will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, the members of Princeton Christian Church shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman. Finally, the facilities and property of Princeton Christian Church shall only host weddings between one man and one woman.

 


MEMBERSHIP


Princeton Christian Church asks no more for membership than what is required to be a Christian. Those who have been obedient to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, through faith, repentance, confession and baptism, we welcome to join the church.


People often ask, “I was not baptized in a Christian Church. Do I need to be re-baptized?” No. If you were baptized by immersion in obedience to Jesus Christ, there is no need for you to be baptized again.  And you will not need a letter of good standing from another church nor will we vote on your membership.


Princeton Christian Church welcomes all who proclaim “Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God” and that “He is Lord of their life.” After all, isn’t that what a Christian proclaims?

PLAN OF SALVATION

1. Believe that Jesus died to pay for your sins.
Ephesians 2:8, 9
Acts 16:31

2. Repent of your sins and make Jesus the Lord of your life.
 Luke 13:3
Acts 3:19

3. Confess that you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God.
 Acts 8:37
Romans 10:10

4. Be baptized into Christ Jesus.
Acts 2:38
Mark 16:16

5. Live the rest of your life for Jesus.
Romans 6:4-6
1 Corinthians 10:31

Simply put:

We are saved by grace through faith at the time of baptism.

Hear, Believe, Repent, Confess, Baptism

 


OUR BELIEF


Over the last 2000 years, Christianity has influenced the lives of people around the globe to be more loving, serving, and complete. The sad fact, however, is that while we worship a God of unity, his people have often divided over a variety of issues. The story of God’s church in America is one of dramatic positive impact. But it is also a picture of division and separation.


The Christian Church represents a fresh approach. It began a few hundred years ago as people from all denominational backgrounds began to pursue a simple approach to expressing their faith. Using the New Testament as the source of guidance, The Christian Church emphasizes unity around the “essentials” of Christianity and freedom regarding the “non-essentials” (or those things that seem to foster strong opinions but are not related to salvation and eternal destiny).


This focus on the core values of the faith, on Jesus as Lord, and on the Bible as the ultimate standard for life choices creates an atmosphere that is grace-based and which encourages disciples to keep the main thing the main thing instead of becoming distracted by peripheral issues.


Many God-seekers are drawn to such “uncluttered Christianity,” with the result being that the Christian Church has been the fastest growing evangelical group in America for the last 10 years.


We do not believe we are the only Christians, but we do desire to be Christians only. We just want to be disciples of Jesus. If you are sort of weary and confused by the divisions and just want to pursue Christ, then maybe you need to check us out.

• In essential beliefs, we have unity.
Ephesians 4:4-6

• In non-essential beliefs, we have liberty.
Romans 14:1, 4, 12, 22

• In all our beliefs, we show charity.
1 Corinthians 13:2


PRINCETON CHRISTIAN CHURCH
STATEMENT OF FAITH

The Christian Church purpose was not to create a new denomination but to restore the church to the pattern and practice of the New Testament church as founded by the Apostles. Therefore, Princeton Christian Church strives to model the characteristics of the New Testament Church in worship and practice. The motto: “Where the Bible speaks, we speak. Where the Bible is silent, we are silent” describes the attitude of Princeton Christian Church on matters of doctrine and opinion.  Grace is offered on all issues and the greatest amount of liberty is offered on matters of opinion.

ORGANIZATION

Princeton Christian Church is an independent, non-denominational fellowship of believers who seek to follow Christ and wear only His name. Although we exist apart from any external authority or control, we do participate with other churches in many projects and programs that exalt the Lord Jesus and spread the Gospel. We are not the only Christians, but we earnestly strive to be Christians only.

CHURCH GOVERNMENT

Princeton Christian Church is locally governed and led. We have no denominational headquarters or overseers. Jesus Christ is recognized as the only true head of the Church: “And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all” (Ephesians 1:22-23). God’s Holy Word is the authority for structure and practice of church government.


Princeton Christian Church, therefore, adopts the New Testament pattern for church government. The church selects Elders. An elder is simply a “pastor, overseer, shepherd” of the congregation. It is their duty to shepherd and care for the spiritual needs of the congregation and provide spiritual leadership and direction for the church. A complete description of the qualifications of elders can be found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-10.


Deacons are selected by the Elders and affirmed by the congregation to help the elders. A deacon is simply a “servant.” His job is to take care of the physical needs of the congregation and aid the elders. In reality, deacons are servants of the congregation. An account of the first selection of deacons is found in Acts 6:1-6.


The Elders and Deacons meet periodically to oversee the needs, ministries and purpose of the church.


THE BIBLE

The sole basis for our belief is the sixty-six books of the Bible, which is uniquely God-inspired, without error in the original manuscripts, and the final authority on all matters of faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12; 2 Peter 1:20, 21)

Princeton Christian Church believes the Bible is God’s Holy Word.  The Bible is inspired by God (“All Scripture is inspired by God…” 2 Timothy 3:16).  It contains God’s revelation to mankind without error. Therefore, God’s Holy Word must be the sole authority for the church.  As Christians we must submit our minds and wills to the Bible and allow Biblical principles to govern our lives.
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs.  The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole final source of all that we believe.  

MAN’S GREATEST NEED

The central purpose of God’s revelation in Scripture is to call all people into fellowship with Him. God originally created humans to have fellowship with Him and to glorify Him (Isaiah 43:7; Colossians 1:16), but they defied God by sinfully choosing to go their own way. As a result, man suffered alienation from God and the corruption of His nature (Psalms 51:5; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:1-4). The salvation of mankind, therefore, is wholly a work of God’s free grace, not the result of human works or goodness. This salvation is a gift, made available through faith in Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12; Ephesians 2:8, 9; 1 Peter 1:18, 19).

 

GOD-The Father

We teach that there is but one true and living God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-7; 1 Corinthians 8:4), perfect in all His attributes, one in essence, eternally existing in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 29:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)—each possessing all the attributes of deity and deserving of our worship and obedience. In the beginning God created out of nothing the universe and all things therein, thus manifesting the glory of His power, wisdom and goodness. By His sovereign power, He continues to sustain His creation. By His providence, He is operating throughout history to fulfill His plan of redemption.


GOD-The Son
JESUS CHRIST

We teach that Jesus Christ—the second person of the Trinity—though being equal with God (John 10:30; Philippians 2:5-8), surrendered His prerogatives of deity and came to earth to pay the debt for man’s soul. Having been born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23-25), Jesus lived a totally sinless life and was therefore qualified to pay for our sins by dying on the cross as our substitute (John 10:15; Romans 3:24, 25; 1 Peter 2:24). He literally and physically rose from the dead and ascended to the right hand of the Father where He now mediates as our advocate and high priest (Matthew 28:6; Luke 24:38, 39; Acts 20:30, 31; Romans 4:25; Romans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25; 1 John 2:1). We teach that Jesus will return to earth personally and visibly to consummate history and judge all mankind according to the eternal plan of God (John 5:22, 23; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 2 Corinthians 5:10).


GOD-The Spirit
HOLY SPIRIT

We teach that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, co-equal with the Father and the Son in all the divine attributes (Matthew 28:19; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6; 2 Corinthians 13:14). He enlightens the minds of sinners, awakens in them a recognition of their need of a Savior. and regenerates them. At the point of salvation, He permanently indwells every believer and equips them for personal growth and service to the church (John 16:7-9; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 2:22). The indwelling of the Spirit is a divine guarantee that seals the believer unto the day of redemption (Romans 8:9; Ephesians 1:13, 14). Christians are endowed with spiritual gifts through the sovereign act of the Holy Spirit. These gifts are intended to strengthen the church and glorify Christ.

 

 

THE CHURCH
We teach that all who place their faith in Jesus Christ are immediately placed by the Holy Spirit into one united spiritual body, the church (1 Corinthians 12:12,13), the bride of Christ (2 Corinthians 11:2), of which Christ is the head (Ephesians 1:22; Colossians 1:18). The scripture commands believers to gather together to devote themselves to worship, prayer, teaching of the Word, observance of the ordinances, fellowship, service to the godly and outreach to the world (Acts 1:8; Acts 2:38-42; Ephesians 4:12). Wherever God’s people meet regularly in obedience to this command, there is the local expression of the church (Acts 20:17; Galatians 1:2; Hebrews 10:25). Under the protection and oversight of elders (Acts 20:28), its members are to work together in love and unity, intent on the ultimate purpose of glorifying Christ and making disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 3:21).


ORDINANCES
We teach that two ordinances have been committed to the local church: baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Because baptism is commanded by our Lord and His apostles (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38), we teach that all professed believers must be baptized. We teach that baptism should occur immediately upon confession of faith in Christ, as modeled for us in Acts (Acts 2:38-41; 8:35-39; 16:31-33). Baptism by immersion is taught in scripture and symbolically portrays the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is also a sign of fellowship and identification with the Church, which is the visible body of Christ (Acts 2:41, 42). We teach that the Lord’s Supper is the commemoration and proclamation of His death until He comes and should always be preceded by solemn self-examination (1 Corinthians 11:28-32). We also teach that the elements of communion are only representative of the flesh and blood of Christ, but the Lord’s Supper is nevertheless an actual communion with the risen Christ, who is present in a unique way, fellowshipping with His people (1 Corinthians 10:16). In the pattern of the early church we offer the Lord’s Supper weekly.

BAPTISM BY IMMERSION


Princeton Christian Church practices baptism by immersion. The Greek word, “baptizo,” from which we get the word “baptize,” simply means to “dip or immerse.” Jesus, Himself, was immersed in the River Jordan (Matthew 3:13-17) and He instructed His Disciples to baptize by immersion.


Therefore, Princeton Christian Church holds to this ancient form of baptism because it is in keeping with the teachings of Jesus and the example of the New Testament Church (Acts 8:25-39).


COMMUNION


Communion, or the Lord’s Supper, was instituted by our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, on the night He was betrayed (Matthew 26:26-29). Jesus told us to “do this in remembrance of Me” (Luke 22:19). The Lord’s Supper is a central part of our worship.


Each Sunday we participate in the Lord’s Supper as was the custom of the Disciples and Christians in the New Testament Church. Luke wrote: “And on the first day of the week, we were gathered together to break bread…” (Acts 20:7).


All believers are invited to participate.  One need not be a member of Princeton Christian Church to remember Jesus Christ.


SALVATION


Princeton Christian Church believes that a person is saved by grace through faith . The Apostle Paul wrote: “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).


We are saved because of the work of Christ on the cross. The Apostle Paul wrote: “But God demonstrated His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8). Yes, the death of Christ on the cross made it possible for us to be saved from our sins.


The wonderful Scripture “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16) illustrates the depth of God’s love for us. Salvation is a gift from God.


However, the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ must be accepted in order to claim the promise. We must say to God, through our mind and actions, that we accept Jesus Christ as His Son and God’s promise of forgiveness and eternal life. Holy Scripture outlines the steps we must take in order to claim this wonderful promise.


…believe in the Lord Jesus Christ___


Faith is believing that Jesus Christ is God’s Son and that Jesus Christ died for our sins, rose again and now dwells with God in heaven. Faith also involves the element of trust. When you have faith in Jesus you give your life to Him.


…repent of your sins___


Repentance is a genuine sorrow for sinning against God. Repentance involves the changing of one’s mind with regard to sin. It is being sorrowful to the point you never want to sin against God again. The Apostle Peter when asked by the multitude on the Day of Pentecost what they should do to be saved replied: “Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit” (Acts 2:38).  We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ.


…confess Jesus Christ as Lord___


Jesus made a wonderful promise when He said: “Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven” (Matthew 10:32). The Apostle Peter gave us the example to follow when he was asked by Jesus, “But who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:15). Peter replied: “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God” (Matthew 16:16).


…be obedient to Jesus in baptism___


Jesus said “He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved…” (Mark 16:16). Jesus told His Disciples to “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit” (Matthew 28:19). We are to be baptized out of obedience to our Lord and Savior. Baptism is a natural part of accepting Jesus Christ as Lord.


Yes, we are saved by grace through faith.  Are these steps we take works?  No they are a positive acceptance of what God has promised in accordance with His Word and His Will.


We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalm 139).


We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person.

 


MARRIAGE


We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25).  We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other.


We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and the use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (1 Cor. 6:9-10).


Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as a covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, Princeton Christian Church will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, the members of Princeton Christian Church shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman. Finally, the facilities and property of Princeton Christian Church shall only host weddings between one man and one woman.

 


MEMBERSHIP


Princeton Christian Church asks no more for membership than what is required to be a Christian. Those who have been obedient to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, through faith, repentance, confession and baptism, we welcome to join the church.


People often ask, “I was not baptized in a Christian Church. Do I need to be re-baptized?” No. If you were baptized by immersion in obedience to Jesus Christ, there is no need for you to be baptized again.  And you will not need a letter of good standing from another church nor will we vote on your membership.


Princeton Christian Church welcomes all who proclaim “Jesus Christ is the Son of the Living God” and that “He is Lord of their life.” After all, isn’t that what a Christian proclaims?

PLAN OF SALVATION

1. Believe that Jesus died to pay for your sins.
Ephesians 2:8, 9
Acts 16:31

2. Repent of your sins and make Jesus the Lord of your life.
 Luke 13:3
Acts 3:19

3. Confess that you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God.
 Acts 8:37
Romans 10:10

4. Be baptized into Christ Jesus.
Acts 2:38
Mark 16:16

5. Live the rest of your life for Jesus.
Romans 6:4-6
1 Corinthians 10:31

Simply put:

We are saved by grace through faith at the time of baptism.

Hear, Believe, Repent, Confess, Baptism