They planned it for many months. They had the right stuff.
- They brought a hammer and crowbar to break the locks
- They wore gloves and hooded sweatshirts to protect their identities
They waited for the right time
- They waited for the stroke of midnight until the ball dropped
- They waited for over 7,000 New York City Police to be distracted
THEY were a trio of burglars, who made off with $6 million in gems from Gregg Ruth, a commercial jewelry store in downtown New York City.
- The store was known for its rare yellow and pink diamonds.
- Their pendants and necklaces are worth up to $150,000 apiece.
And on New Year’s Eve
- When everyone was singing, partying, and waiting for the ball to drop
- When the New York City police were keeping a watchful eye on the 2 million people plus watching the ball drop at Times Square
Three thieves stole 6 million dollars’ worth of precious jewels and diamonds.
Jesus said in Matthew 24:42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”
One day Jesus will come back
- We don’t know when that will happen
- We only know it will happen at a time when we least expect it
Until Jesus comes back, we have been given a way to remember He will come back
The Lord’s Supper Declares to the World Jesus Died for Our Sins
That He Is Coming Back To Take His Church Out This World.
PRAYER: Dear Lord, thank You for the power of forgiveness. May we choose to forgive everyone who has hurt us. Help us bless those who have hurt us. Help us walk in righteousness, peace, and joy, demonstrating Your life here on earth. Let us choose to be kind and compassionate, forgiving others, just as You forgave me.
As we partake of the cup of blessing and the bread of life, may we be reminded of 1 Corinthians 11:26 - For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.